Members will conduct themselves in the spirit of good sportsmanship* both on and off the water.
Members will adhere to the Club Constitution, including Safety Rules, or accept the penalties that the Committee deem appropriate.
Any member (full, social or junior) may be suspended or removed from the Club or the Committee, for cause, upon decision via the Disciplinary Procedure.
Cause shall include (but not be limited to):
· Failure to pay subscription fees
· Breaking Club rules and protocol
· Engaging in, or encouraging, conduct that harms the Club
· Wilful disregard of the Club’s property
· repeated unsportsmanlike behaviour, especially when wearing Club branded clothing
· Unfounded, malicious or libellous remarks about the Club or its members
· Criminal conduct of any kind on Club premises. This includes Penzance Sailing Club
· Abuse of trust in matters relating to Club funds
In the event of a breach of the Code of Conduct, the Committee will instigate the Disciplinary Procedure.
* sportsmanship is defined as respect for one’s colleagues and opponents, and graciousness in playing, training, winning or losing. Unsportsmanlike behaviour includes (but is not limited to) the use of swearwords in an argument with a person in a position of authority.